Thursday 2 May 2013

Roots, Shoots, Buckets and Boots.

I wished for a little garden many times, then one day a very kind lady stopped me in the street and gave one to me .Things always happen when the time is right I just have to learn to be patient.
 Our little garden. The daffodil bulbs we planted are called Cheerfulness and are scented. we made the cold frame and painted the metal table and chairs after getting them at our local tip.
 We laid the brick path, haven't had the garden a year yet so a lot to do - managed to get my herbs in and sweet peas. A climbing rose and pear tree on the back wall.
 I'm trying to show you here a pink cow parsley plant I bought at a plant fair at Poltimore House, you can just see it amongst the forget-me nots another favourite.
 I like hiding little houses in the garden.
 One of my favourite gardening books for children .Roots, Shoots, Buckets and Boots by Sharon Lovejoy , beautifully illustrated.



My lovely boots of leather, but sadly much as I want them to fit they are a size too big , so have put them on eBay yesterday under vintage leather boots size 5 . if anyone wants to give them a new home.
 This is Gretel the gathering and gardening girl.
 allotment days
 Gretel again
 ways to label plants in a small gardens so they look interesting.
My broken pottery labels

 Bye bye boots you are off to eBay I love you but I have to wear to many pairs of woolly socks to make you fit.

Gifts from the garden. I picked this lovely book up from The Works.

New shoots

 Old boots
The end of Roots Shoots Buckets and Boots - hope you have time this bank holiday to get out into your gardens or park.