Friday 8 August 2014

No knitting, Camomile Tea and things going ping.

Drying my herbs down the allotment
 
    
 My bottled sunshine
 
Anyone else grow herbs to heal. I heard meadowsweet is good? 
 Found a really good book The Hedgerow Medicine, Havest and make your own herbal remedies. by Julie Bruton-Seal and Mathew Seal.
 
 Hoping it will sooth my insides. I need the hard drugs too but by drying the herbs in some small way I feel I doing something positive. I've had so many tummy operations I'm left with lots of scar tissue. which sticks bits down and  my digestion doesn't work and lots of horrid pain until the spasms stop. So two days ago I was tapping my foot to folk music (last day of folk week today) now I dare hardly move and all I did was sit down with a cup of tea and something went ping in  side.  Hence the little sign on my door today. Thanks for understanding and thank you who ever left the lovely big orange plant and pot.
 Pain is horrid we can all agree. Trying to find some good in it I came up with only a few. It grounds me to do only what is important, slows me down, you are  grateful for the things you do on good days. It makes me look at nature in very fine detail when I go out after a long time in bed. Its like seeing it for the first time. It makes me appreciate  and love my family and friends so much more. Any one got any more we can add to the list?
and this is a list of just a few of you who are my anchor in times of joy and pain
Paula, Andy, my kids, Kristina, Sue B, Claire, mum, family, Helen in the lane, Vicki,Vanessa, Marjorie, Mandy, Kath, Nicola, Rebecca, Pauline, Fliss, Tiff, Linda and of course you bloggers. Nothing is better when you can't get out to see lots of lovely pictures on your blogs like Hettie Brown, the Custards, street comber, crafting not cleaning, or murmuring cottage, crafty nook, washerwomen  too many to list  all make me feel calm and homey and a welcome distraction.
so thank you guys. hx