Monday 4 August 2014

Today is Blog Hop Day!
I’ve not taken part in one of these before, however the lovely Ginny from Crafting not Cleaning nominated me to take part. Her blog is full of her crafty adventures. The Blog Hop is a great way to find other crafty blogs to follow.
So here is a little about me –

What am I working on?
As a textile artist I am always working on something new. I have classes coming up which make summer lanterns, hair accessories and brooches. My winter program has been finalised so there are lots more workshops coming up. 
http://www.eventbrite.com/o/bodkin-6583680405

How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I enjoy recycling fabrics and making anything that takes my fancy, this includes 1940’s style hats, Tiaras, Dolls and Apron Dresses. I am different from other artists as I let the seasons plan what I am making and celebrate the different colour’s each season brings. In my classes the seasons are celebrated with a homemade locally sourced seasonal cake using recipes from Landlove and Landscape these delicious treats help people fuel their creativity! I am trained in horticulture, art and therapeutic parenting and enjoy teaching arts and crafts to locals, tourists and in hospitals and schools. 

Why do I write/create what I do?
I love to be creative and make whatever takes my fancy. I love seeing people come to my classes and find new skills. People find art is relaxing and allows them to use their imagination to create what they desire. 


How does your writing/creating process work?

My work is very creative and individual, I encourage people to choose the fabrics that they like and are drawn to so that what they create is unique to them. I'd love to hear from you if your interested in my crafts and workshops. Contact me on- 01395 577752. 

2 blogs I like - 
The woven nest - This blog is full of creative ideas using wool.
Life at my Little Red Suitcase - This blog is full of even more creative ideas for your home.